Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thundercats Are Loose!!!

Thundercats Hoooooooooooo!



So here's the thing I'm a big fan of pretty much any 80s property/character that I find even remotely nostalgic.  Its an addiction.  But while I have strong feelings for GI Joe, and He-Man, and Super Powers my heart definitely belongs to Thundercats. 
The beast of it is I didn't actually have very many of them as a kid.  Lion-O (w/ Snarf), Mumm-Ra, and Slythe pretty much summed up my collection.  It wasn't until my young adult years that I finally had the whole team.  Tonight we're just going to cover the main cast though as they debuted back in good 'ol 1985. 
Now let's introduce the team!

Lion-O


Cheetara


Panthro


Tygra


Jaga



Wily Kit


Wily Kat

And lastly the Thundercats Miniatures from KidWorkz.






 









5 comments:

  1. Sweet shots of them! I loved Thundercats when I was a kid, though I never had any of the toys since I only knew the show through Toonami in the late 90's. I would have really liked it had there been a big Thundercats revival.

    Also, Jaga looks really cool, though I don't remember him from the show. Who was he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Neko! It really is a shame that Bandai couldn't "come with it" when it came to Thundercats.

      Jaga is pretty much the Ben Kenobi of the Thundercats. He dies in the first ep. (similarly dissapearing into the ether) and then visits Lion-O in sprit form mentoring him.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic stuff here. Really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved watching the Thundercats cartoon when I was young. I have the box sets and a few figures. Your Thundercats photos are really amazing! I really love the Wiley Kit/Kat and Jaga ones.

    ReplyDelete