Saturday, June 30, 2012

Meet The Bronies


Not to be confused with Brownies.  "Your mother was a lizard!"  Ah, Willow....

Anyway, to break it down Bronies are quite simply boys who like Hasbro's My Little Ponies.  Generally its the new MLP television series Friendship Is Magic (helmed by Lauren Fuast of Powerpuff Girls fame) that has the boys scoping the girls isle. The series premiered in the Fall of 2010 and in true Hasbro fashion spawned countless toys and Happy Meal promos.  Fast forward a couple years and there are now Conventions based around the phenomenon with a documentary film soon to follow. 
Personally I haven't watched a cartoon since that new He-Man series from ten years ago, but from what I understand MLP: FIM is good as cartoons go.

The Pony err... unicorm shown above was a flea market rescue.  I found her in a box of junk covered in what I think was decade old cola.  She cleaned up good with a little soap and water though. As a kid I always scoffed at My Little Ponies because they were generally all the same figure with different paint.  The irony of that is I was an avid Masters Of The Universe fan. Needless to say Mattel is still the king of getting people to buy the same toy over and over again by slapping a new head on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment